Thursday, June 30, 2011

hooker horse, aka a story of updates.

ever since i saw this in rue mag issue three:
i've been needing a horse hook or two in my life. you know. just a little nod to my seventh-grade nutbag obsession with all things equidae. but eff me if i can find one. although i'm generally a top-notch sourcer/finder, i am batting a zero on this one. IF YOU HAVE A SHINY BRASS HORSE HEAD HOOK THINGY I WILL BUY IT FROM YOU. or you can also tell me where to get it, as long as it isn't at your mom's house. UPDATE: i wrote this post right after RI#3 came out (like january), and then i got all down in the mouth because i couldn't find a horse hooker, which led to abandonment of this post and a major case of the sads. today while reading sketch 42, the dim bulb inside my head flickered for a moment as i realized that a) nicole of S42 is a badass and b) that was HER swanky pad in rue ( and c) she's just visited kelly wearstler's new office in la and posted a ton of photos and i practically ate my computer moniter, but i digress). renewed in my need for a brass hook of the equestrian variety, i did another search and found this one, and just  requested a custom order.
MORE UPDATE: portugesevintage of etsy has already emailed me back to say my custom order will be ready tomorrow. i should note that it took approximately 14 seconds for paula to respond to me, so were i distributing customer service awards, it would go like this: paula/portugese vintage, zappos (precious shoe angels from heaven), all of the employees of my fit foods*. you think i'm lying about the speed of paula's response?
*every single time (not an exaggeration) i go into my fit foods, they flabbergast me with compliments. i always, always look terrible and i'm not very approachable (AKA HUGELY GRUMPY ALL THE TIME), so it is always shocking, followed immediately by happiness and then an overall good feeling about myself/my purse/my wrist tattoo/my stickers on my phone/my nail color for the balance of the day. one time an employee, after a 5-minute convo about how awesome my stuff was, told me that she thought we were SOUL SISTERS. and i was like YES YOU ARE CORRECT, TINY BEAUTIFUL ASIAN GIRL WHO LOOKS LIKE A PILATES POSTER, THERE IS UNITY IN OUR AWESOMENESS, CAN I HUG YOU? i realize that i constantly toot my own horn over here at WWNC, but mainly i'm making fun of myself, and even if i weren't, it isn't like anyone reads this blog. so anyway. my fit foods. go there, buy the killuh chili, and allow them to tell you how amazing you are.

No comments: